Education & Career Articles
| Last Updated November 25, 2020
You're ready to begin a future of your own making. Possibilities abound. But before you can start training for the right career, you first have to discover the options that make the most sense for your unique personal needs and desires. Once you have a better idea of what to expect from different careers, you can then move forward to picking an appropriate trade school, college or university.
What does it take to be successful in this occupation? What kinds of courses will I have to take? How do I select the best program? What is the quickest way to find colleges near me? These are just a few of the questions you want answered.
The education and career articles that follow provide quick, relevant information about post-secondary options and popular, in-demand careers—many of which don't require a lot of schooling to get started. So, go ahead—explore your potential!
New and Noteworthy
- Trade School Accreditation
- How to Become a Carpenter
- How to Become a Plumber
- People Helping People
- Essential Jobs
Computers & Technology
Computer technology forms part of the foundation of our modern world. Without it, everything falls apart. And without the right people, the computers don't run, let alone get better at what they do. But, you like that sort of challenge because you love finding solutions. You enjoy making things work—the more technical the better. So it helps to know what your options are. The following computer & tech career articles provide a good place to begin.
After all, only quality information about computer careers, combined with valuable computer school resources, will put you on the path to solving real-world problems using advanced technology. Your move, techno-master!
Do you desire a career that enables you to make a positive difference in the world—a difference that will benefit future generations? Well, that is exactly what you can achieve with an environmental career. You can choose from a variety of occupations within the clean-energy and sustainability sector in areas ranging from environmental engineering and analysis to green technology installation and maintenance.
The articles below can help you identify an environmental career that is in line with your ideals. And then you can start preparing to take on a position that really matters and provides you with the chance to help change the world for the better!
You want to make a meaningful difference in the lives of others. Well, what better way to do that than by working in a field that lets you contribute to good health? Healthcare is a growing and extremely diverse sector. So you really need to sort out your options. The following healthcare career articles are here to help you do just that.
Healthcare careers cover a variety of different occupations, from those that let you work directly with patients to those in which you work "behind the scenes" in a laboratory. These healthcare articles could be just what you need to get started on the path to a caring career. You're a giver, so go for it!
- How to Become a Personal Trainer
- How to Become a Physical Therapist
- How to Become a Yoga Instructor
- How Hard is Nursing School?
- Medical Careers That Offer High Pay & Low Stress
- Non-Nursing Careers for Nurses
- Physical vs. Occupational Therapy Careers
- What Do Nurses Do?
- What to Do With a Biology Degree
You're too energetic to be stuck in an office. You'd rather be out doing more tangible stuff, the kind that keeps you active. When it comes to working with your hands, the options can seem limitless. The following skilled trades articles provide a good place to begin sorting through career and training possibilities, like electrician school options!
Skilled trades careers include many well-respected occupations. Learn more about some of the top trades right now!
Education and Career-Related Issues and Advice
Are you looking for answers about which direction to go in? Do you need help following through on your goals? Could you use a little more information or inspiration before making important decisions about college, trade school, or what kind of career to pursue?
The growing collection of articles below has something for almost everyone. You'll find an abundance of relevant information, encouraging ideas, and useful advice aimed at helping you navigate your immediate choices and future possibilities. Start discovering your unique potential by exploring the following sections:
Choosing What to Do
- Career Goals
- What Career Is Right for Me?
- What Do You Want to Be When You Grow Up?
- What to Do After College
- Why Some College Graduates Move Back Home
- Would You Change Your Major
Jobs & Career Ideas For...
- Blind People
- Business Majors
- College Students Who Want to Work Over the Summer
- Deaf People
- Economics Majors
- Former Teachers
- Gender Studies
- Highest-Paying Majors
- History Majors
- Lazy People
- Math Majors
- People Helping People
- People Who Want to Work Alone
- People With a Criminal Record
- People With ADHD
- People With Autism
- People With Disabilities
- People With Social Anxiety
- Philosophy Majors
- Physics Majors
- Pregnant Women
- Psychology Graduates
- Retired Police Officers
- The Cannabis Industry
- The Future
Jobs & Careers That...
- Allow You to Travel
- Are Active
- Are Cool
- Are Creative
- Are Easy and Pay Well
- Are Easy to Get
- Are Essential
- Are Exciting and Pay Well
- Are Flexible
- Are Fun and Pay Well
- Are Hands-On and Pay Well
- Are High-Paying and Don't Require a Degree
- Are High-Paying and Involve Computers
- Are High-Paying and in Science
- Are High-Paying and Part-Time
- Are High-Paying and Often Involve Going to Trade School
- Are in America's Fastest-Growing Industries
- Are in High-Demand
- Are in Music
- Are in Nutrition
- Are in STEM Fields
- Are Low-Stress and Pay Well
- Are the Most Dangerous
- Are the Most Stressful in America
- Are Satisfying
- Are Temporary
- Are the Worst in America
- Are Unique
- Don't Drug Test
- Help People
- Involve Food
- Involve Working With Animals
- Involve Working With Children
- Let You Work From Home
- Make a Real Difference
- Make You Happy
- Offer Alternative Schedules
- Pay $100K
- Pay $50K
- Pay $20 an Hour or More
- Pay Cash
- Pay Well If You Get the Right Certifications
- Provide Housing
- Require No Experience
- Become a Carpenter
- Become a CEO
- Become an Electrician
- Become an EMT or Paramedic
- Become a Personal Trainer
- Become a Physical Therapist
- Become a Pilot
- Become a Plumber
- Become a Police Officer
- Become a Sports Agent
- Become a Travel Agent
- Become a Yoga Instructor
- Change Careers at 40
- Create a College Diet & Fitness Plan
- Deal With Depression in College
- Drop Out of College
- Drop Out of High School
- Eat Healthy in College
- Learn a Trade
- Make Friends at College
- Pick a Laptop for College
- Study in College
- Succeed as a College Freshman
- Succeed in College: 99 Tips
- Work for Google
- College vs. University
- Free Online Courses with Certificate of Completion
- Getting Political With Education
- Highest Paying Online Degrees
- Is Senioritis Real?
- Issues in Education
- The Price of Academic Admission
- Trade School Accreditation
- Trade School vs. College
- What Is a Bachelor's Degree?
- What Is a Doctorate Degree?
- Why Choose a Vocational School?
Paying for College
- Federal Student Aid and Other Financial Aid Options
- How Much Does College Cost?
- How Much Does Trade School Cost?
- Military Tuition Assistance
- Should College Athletes Be Paid?
- Should College Be Free?
- Student Loan Debt & Postgraduate Finances in America
Location, Location, Location
Other Good Advice
- Best Apps for College Students
- Best Backpacks for College
- Best Music for Studying
- Bullying in College: How It Happens and What You Can Do to Stop It
- Christmas Gifts for College Students
- College Gifts
- College Safe Spaces and Trigger Warnings
- College Stress: Why It's a Problem & What You Can Do About It
- Free Laptops for Students
- Pinching Pennies: Financial Education & Debt Levels
- School Hacks for College Students
- Student Discounts
- What's the Difference Between a Job and a Career?
- Why College Alcoholism Is No Laughing Matter