Auburn University Outreach
Start expanding your professional opportunities through online training that you can complete at your own pace—from anywhere, at any time.
Through the Office of Professional & Continuing Education, Auburn University Outreach helps adults like you learn in-demand skills for growing career sectors. No matter where you are, you can access quality certificate programs that make it easier to improve your life. In fact, depending on the program you choose, you can finish your Web-based training in as little as four, six, nine, or 12 months.
And here's something that sets Auburn University Outreach apart from some other online education providers: Many of the programs include hands-on externship or practicum opportunities. That means you have the chance to practice what you learn in a real work setting—wherever you happen to be located.
Plus, a lot of the programs are designed to help you qualify for national industry certification exams. That way, you have the opportunity to gain credentials that many employers recognize and respect. And after completing your program, you can take advantage of exclusive career-assistance services.
In addition, you'll have the support of expert instructors, and you'll be able to easily track your progress. It's all geared toward helping you succeed, whether you want to begin a new career or advance in the one you already have. Plus, these courses are especially good for military spouses!
So discover how a multimedia-enriched online program can empower your ambitions. Ask Auburn University Outreach for additional details right away!
Auburn University Outreach Programs
- Accounting and Economics Certificates
- Business Certificates
- Computer Technology Certificates
- Coaching and Counseling Certificates
- Education and Childcare Certificate
- Hospitality, Travel, and Creative Certificates
- Law and Criminal Justice Certificates
- Medical and Healthcare Certificates
Accounting and Economics Certificates
Get closer to playing a valuable role in the success of a business or financial firm. For instance, maybe you want the ability to interpret data by using skills in algebra and statistics. Maybe you'd like to provide bookkeeping or accounting support. Or perhaps you're interested in helping organizations make better decisions by understanding various economic indicators at the micro and macro levels. Regardless of the career path you envision, these certificate programs can teach you many important fundamentals, including how to use Microsoft Office like a pro.
- Accounting Math Professional
- Accounting Professional
- Economics Professional
Start developing sought-after skills that can truly help organizations move forward and achieve their goals. You'll receive instruction in many core business concepts and principles. And through these programs, you can learn much more about communicating effectively, using business technology, leading other professionals, measuring value, recruiting and retaining employees, maximizing productivity, managing projects, keeping financial records, marketing products and services, ensuring equitable transactions, or even launching your own venture.
- Administrative Assistant with Bookkeeping and QuickBooks
- Business Communication Professional
- Business Information Systems Professional
- Business Law Specialist
- Business Management Professional
- Business Math Specialist
- Finance Professional
- Human Resources Professional
- Marketing Professional
- Organizational Behavior Professional
- Professional Bookkeeping with QuickBooks
- Project Management Associate
- Project Management for PMP and Leadership
- Project Management Professional
- Project Management Specialist for CAPM®
- Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB)
- Six Sigma Expert
- Six Sigma Green Belt (CSSGB)
- Six Sigma Specialist
Computer Technology Certificates
Connect your interest in computers to training that can help you establish a career you enjoy. These convenient online programs are designed to prepare students for IT certifications that are widely recognized, such as those from CompTIA. Whether you want to provide technical support, deploy networking solutions, or guard against cyber threats, you can learn skills that are needed in many growing industries, including healthcare.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- Computer Technician Professional with CompTIA A+
- Health Information Technology for Implementation Support
- Health Information Technology for IT Support Specialist
- IT Cyber Security Professional with COMP TIA Security+
- IT Network Professional with COMP TIA Network+
Coaching and Counseling Certificates
Do you relish the satisfaction you get from helping people? Auburn University Outreach makes it convenient to prepare for cool careers that benefit communities and individuals. For example, imagine being able to provide care or support to people who are elderly, disabled, physically or mentally ill, or addicted to harmful substances or behaviors. Or picture what it would be like to help people reduce their stress, adopt healthier lifestyles, and become the very best that they can be.
- Direct Support Professional Technician
- Drug & Alcohol Counselor
- Life Skills Coach
- Mental Health Technician Specialist
- Stress Management Coach
- Wellness & Life Skills Coaching Specialist
- Wellness Coaching
Education and Childcare Certificate
Move in the direction of a career that really matters. Here's an opportunity to learn how to provide direct assistance to teachers, administrators, or other types of educators for the benefit of students at any age. From early childhood development to clerical and instructional support for teachers of older students, you can develop skills that are needed in a variety of educational environments.
- Teacher's Aide
Hospitality, Travel, and Creative Certificates
Activate more of your potential by following one of your strongest interests. Whether you want to plan amazing events, design remarkable indoor spaces, take extraordinary photographs, cater delicious meals, or make exciting travel arrangements, Auburn University Outreach can help you get the skills and credentials to succeed.
- Event Planning & Banquet Management
- Event Planning Entrepreneur
- Interior Decorating & Design Entrepreneur
- Photography Entrepreneur
- Photography Entrepreneur with Adobe
- Professional Cooking & Catering
- Travel Agent Specialist
- Travel Agent Specialist with Bookkeeping
- Wedding Consultant Entrepreneur
Law and Criminal Justice Certificates
Would you like to play an important role in the legal system? With this type of online training, you can learn how to provide administrative support to lawyers, conduct legal research, or even advocate for the rights of crime victims. And for people with the right credentials, the potential work environments are more diverse than you might think. For example, you may qualify to work in a law firm, courthouse, or corporate legal department. Or you may be eligible to work with agencies related to social services or law enforcement.
- Law Office Technology Specialist
- Legal Assistant
- Legal Transcription Specialist
Medical and Healthcare Certificates
Prepare for meaningful career opportunities in one of today's fastest-growing industries. You can learn how to work directly with patients, help people with activities of daily living, provide clinical or administrative support, advocate for patients, manage health records, or assist nurses, physicians, dentists, pharmacists, physical therapists, or veterinarians.
- Activity Professional
- Assisted Living Technician
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Clinical Nurse Aide
- Dental Assisting
- Dialysis Technician
- EKG Technician
- Electronic Health Record Management
- Home Health Aide
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Medical Billing & Coding with Medical Administrative Assistant
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Nursing Assistant Specialist
- Ophthalmic Assistant Specialist
- Patient Advocate Specialist
- Personal Care Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Pharmacy Technician with Medical Administration
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Physical Therapy Aide
- Physician Office Assistant Professional
- Veterinary Assistant
- Veterinary Office Assistant Specialist
Get Help Paying for Your Training
Auburn University Outreach wants you to succeed. That's why, depending on the specific program you take, your tuition will only cost between $3,000 and $4,000. It's also why a variety of financing options are available.
For example, Auburn University Outreach has special arrangements with Sallie Mae and Wells Fargo. Both lenders offer private education loans to students who qualify.
And through a partnership with FACTS Management, another financing option is available: For some programs, you can qualify for a no-interest loan—without a credit check—that you pay back over six months. (Just note that it does require a small application fee of $45 and a down payment of between $500 and $750, depending on the cost of your program.)
Or, if you're a military spouse, you may qualify for up to $4,000 of financial assistance through the Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) program.
Take the First Easy Step
Getting an education that can transform your life may be simpler than you realize. By taking a convenient online certificate program from Auburn University Outreach, you can move much closer to achieving the professional success you want. So don't hesitate: Ask for more information right now!